So, the old contractors (God bless em) left £100’s worth of mortar out in the rain. When I went to the manufacturer to get some more, I was told that they had run out and were not making it anymore. The search for a new mortar which was the same colour then began. The problem is, you can’t tell what colour it is until 4-6 days later when it has dried. Hence, I had to make up rather a large number of samples. The final recipe was 45gms of black and brown dye to 25kgs of 3xno.21 type lime mortar.
Mason Cottage Blog
Masons Cottage is having an extension and this blog is documenting the process.
- Hole complete January 14, 2019
- Making a big hole in a wall December 19, 2018
- November outside pics November 30, 2018
- Pipework under raised timber floor November 25, 2018
- Need more mortar November 24, 2018
- Electrics November 19, 2018
- Attic room November 19, 2018
- Friends round for dinner October 19, 2018
- We have an office September 5, 2018
- Scaffolding down and Griffins are cracking on with the work August 8, 2018