To make a big hole in a wall, we’ve placed 150x150mm timber posts through the wall at first floor level. These are supported on one end by acro-props (which fly through the floor), and on the end by brick stacks on a board, which are held by glulam timber joists (themselves propped up by acro-props). An engineering wonder!
Mason Cottage Blog
Masons Cottage is having an extension and this blog is documenting the process.
- Hole complete January 14, 2019
- Making a big hole in a wall December 19, 2018
- November outside pics November 30, 2018
- Pipework under raised timber floor November 25, 2018
- Need more mortar November 24, 2018
- Electrics November 19, 2018
- Attic room November 19, 2018
- Friends round for dinner October 19, 2018
- We have an office September 5, 2018
- Scaffolding down and Griffins are cracking on with the work August 8, 2018